- About Us
- Our Research
- Our Research Streams
- Cancer Research
- Clinical Sciences
- Population & Health Services Research
- Injury & Rehabilitation
- Mental Health
- Scientific Publications
- Our Awards
- Our Facilities
- Hit the Fairways for Prostate Cancer Research
- Annie Walsh shoots for the stars in medical research
- Focus on PhD Student Lauren Bell
- Need for equal access to global radiation therapy services put in the spotlight
- Nicholas chooses his pathway and is fulfilling his dreams
- Putting Diabetic Foot Disease on the health agenda
- Radiation oncologist Mei Ling Yap shares her story
- Stephen Skegg honours his Father - NGINA Golf Day 2016
- Story of a young researcher who followed his pathway to greatness.
- Window to Hope gives new light to people with TBI
- MRI-Linac Program
- Our Research Streams
- News and Media
- Research Methodology Seminar Series
- Integration of MRI in Radiation Oncology Event - 3 June
- Fundraising Events
- Research Showcase
- Science Poster Competition
- Friends of The Institute
- How You Can Help
Professor Siaw-Teng Liaw
Professor Siaw-Teng Liaw MBBS, PhD, FRACGP, FACHI is Professor of General Practice and Director of the Academic General Practice Unit based at Fairfield Hospital. His R&D program "Information-enhanced integrated care of chronic disease" focuses on primary and integrated care informatics, information quality and clinical decision support, focused on chronic disease management and quality use of medicines in mainstream and Aboriginal communities.
His portfolio as a CI in the NHMRC Centre of Excellence in eHealth is centred on patient/consumer health informatics and social networking technology. Professor Liaw is nationally and internationally acknowledged as a leading general practice and health informatics researcher.
Teng sits on the NSW Health Acute Care Taskforce and is currently involved with promoting and standardizing activities on clinical handover between general practice, community-based and hospital-based facilities. He also sits on the Research & Teaching Subcommittee and a number of service-related committees to do with chronic disease management in the SW Sydney Local Health District.
Further to this, Teng sits on the editorial boards of a number of family/general practice and health informatics journals, a number of peer-review panels for national and international competitive grants and scientific conferences, the American Medical Informatics associations (AMIA) International Affairs Committee and the International Medical informatics Association (IMIA) Academy Task Group. He is a Foundation Fellow of the Australian College of Health Informatics and was President from 2005-2007.
He is also a Professorial Fellow of the University of Melbourne and sits on the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners National Research Committee. Currently, he is the Chair of the RACGP National Research, Evaluation and Ethics Committee.